Re: [mk2] master cylinder & transmission q's

>   i read on the scirocco.org page that i can upgrade to 10.1 (please let
>these be inches and not mm or cm :)  but at the expense of a different
>master cylinder.

Inches. Upgrading master cylinders is the best idea!

where should i find this elusive master cylinder? must
>i stalk a 16v? where whould i buy the 10.1's (are the oem or vw make?)?

Dont have the part # in my pocket but I think it comee from an Audi 1990
model 90 no ABS 20V quattro. It is a 25 mm master and it is the shit!!

>   occasionally i have trouble shifting into first. sometimes i have to
>let out on the clutch a little bit to get it to engage. if it helps i
>have a 9a trans (i think; stock '86 8v). what are the possible causes of
>this?

Cable adjustment? Also there have been a bad rash of German (yes German)
clutch discs that have been losing their springs and they get caught up in
the bell housing and the clutch assy.

doesn't do it all the time. also, i asked before, but never really
>received an answer, when i shift into fifth, i sometimes get a whine
>(sounds a little like a turbo firing up, though my car is stock. does
>anyone else's car do this? should i be concerned?

Yes. are you low on gear oil? Thee last time I heard that noise was when my
FF went out in my Rabbit (RIP)

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA