Re: short shifter Q

Dan Kraus wrote:

> Has anyone CUT down there shifter???????????? If so HOW MUCH SHOULD BE
> CUT????????????

Mine was cut down when I bought the car - I have since replaced it with a
new full-length stocker.  I'd say mine was down about 1.5-2".  Combined with
a short shifter, the thing was kinda a bear to wrestle through the gears,
plus for me it made for a long reach.. I'm far happier with the stock length
shifter.

I'd cut conservatively if I were you, you can always lop more off later if
you want to.  Also if you're tall and sit with the seat far back, be wary
of cutting too much off.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA