Really wierd noise

So my dumb ass left the lights on and when I got back to my car, well you
know.  After the jump start On my way home I figure I would let the battery
charge up so I left the stereo off.  So I'm cruising at around 80 to help
charge up the battery yeah thats it, and I start to hear this really weird
noise appearing to come from my front driver side of the car.  Got loud over
bumps and stuff.  What does it sound like you say??  Throw some stones in a
steel can and shake it real hard and thats what it sounded like  I guess I've
never heard it before cause I always have the stereo on.  At fast speeds the
sound it very easy to hear, at slow speed I can only hear it when the left
front wheel goes over a bump. Any Ideas??  Later all.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html