Re: Measuring tight clearances

You can use solder for really small things like this.  Plastigauge is a
real thing, and you should be able to find it.

Just squash the solder, take it out and put your favorite measuring tool on it.

We use this method to measure the head clearance on model car engines.

Dan Brideau
http://www.hobbyetc.com/scirocco/