From: StephyGee
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 7:16 PM
Subject: 8V Tranny and Parts tidbits

Well, the parts yard I frequent (Colorado Auto Salvage) has an automatic 8v tranny for $400.  Doesn't have the five speed right now, but the price isn't much further from the automatic's $400.  Did you need an automatic or five speed?  I think I must've missed that part in your message.

On a side note, as I was meandering :) to said parts yard, I came upon a flatbed truck with a Sacramento address on its side doors.  On the bed was a rear-driver-side-mashed-in-with-a-wheel- missing-and-the-rear-axle-bent-in Corrado G60 and a mashed-in-the-front-newer-version (1999-2000) Golf GTI (engine type unknown).  When the truck came to a stop at the stoplight, I yelled up to the driver where he was taking the cars.  He sez he was taking it to B&W Auto Dismantlers.  I guess that's up by Sacramento.  In any case, the Corrado looked tricked out and it still had three good mag wheels on it, body kit, and tinted windazzz.  Guess the Scirocco crew up north can scavenge some good parts for project cars, eh? Man....

Stephy "eye in the junkyard" G :)