Re: Glowing red manifold?!

--- Tyler Zachau <Pennyz@mail.ieway.com> wrote:
> The exhaust sounds way different kinda poppy...

What did you do to the car before this happened? Did
you take it to some place to get a tune up? Or did you
work on it?

All of your symptoms remind me of my incident in
January where I followed the beloved Bentley manual
and found out the hard way the firing order was
incorrect in the manual. After a simple tune-up(spark
plugs, new wires, oil, fuel, oil, air filters, cap &
rotor etc.) I cranked it up and it sounded like shit
when we went to adjust the timing! We managed to get
it to idle so so but it had popping noises also. We
then took it out for a spin, we soon found out it had
0% ass, and when we drove it back into the garage we
noticed that the manifold & cat where looking similar
to the sun! We found out that the 16V GTI(black cover)
Bentley had the correct firing order and direction in
it, and she ran like a bat out of hell after
rearranging the wires to their proper positions(go
figure).

Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas (Temporarily in Italy)

86' Scirocco 16V