Re: Worked on my MK1 today, got some questions.

I assume you are talking about degrees Farenheit.  Synthetic should be good
to 275 degrees F.  I think you could run your oil too cool, but that would
probably be in the range of 150 or less.  Depending on the oil, of course.
But your temp is about where my 16v runs, so I'd say you're fine.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition