Re: [mk2] a/c questions

The shop you get it charged at (if it is even remotely
good) should have a freon sniffer.  They can put some
in your system, then use the sniffer to track down the
leaks.

In my limited experience with bad AC systems it is
usually a bad gasket where the hoses connect, the
drier, or the compressor, but not the hoses
themselves.

With the price of freon way up this would be better to
have a shop at least find the problems in MHO.  Unless
of course you have access to some grey market Mexican
freon.

Mark
--- "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com> wrote:
>   after my a/c ran out unexpectedly last fall i
> didn't bother getting it
> recharged. now that the warm weather is coming back,
> i'd like to have my
> little cooling friend back. so, can some please tell
> me before i
> recharge the thing, what i should look out for?
> holes in hoses or
> condensers...what? also, i'm assuming that the older
> systems (like ours)
> used the r134a, right? is there a specific brand to
> buy or stay away
> from, or should i just say screw it all and take it
> somewhere to have it
> done? thanx.
> --
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)