Re: DYNO RESULTS -- STOCK vs AFTERMARKET WHEELS

Hey Ben,
         Yep, he's still healthy. :)

         As you know, the run 2 years ago was in Manassas, VA.  So, the
runs this time were obviously on a different dyno.  They should, of course,
be accurate to within 1-2hp.  Then, the first run I did was at 55'F (nearly
perfect conditions for my engine), and this one was at 88'F.  Despite using
the calculated values to SAE, you can expect a few hp either way-- and
especially after I found out that DynoJet is constantly updating their
conversion programs.

         The result last time (corrected to SAE) was 105.5hp, and the
results this time (I don't have the graphs with me) were something like
103.5 and 102.9.  Since they're so close, and because of the differences in
the dynos themselves and the atmospheric conditions, the difference is
probably not statistically significant.  I went in there _expecting_ a huge
difference (like 92hp or something), but the values are so close.

         The other thing that was interesting is that the curves are
exactly the same up until about 5000... perfectly evenly spaced with about
2hp difference.  After that, the torque curve dropped off a little bit more
than it did before, but retained that power a little longer.  The only
changes I made to the engine since the last test were new wires, Jamex
intake, and a new muffler... so I can probably attribute them to those
small changes.

         But again, since the differences were so small, I'd say it's
running just fine.

Jason