Re: dynoed a 2008cc motor

Now this is where I get confused.  I mean, we all read the "tuner" pages and
whatnot...and they say the first thing we need to do if we're going to build
a motor is change the exhaust.  Okay, this is my confession, as I'm a closet
stock exhaust lover.  I dunno.  I actually like the way my stock exhaust
sounds....not overbearing...like a rumbly, low, looonggg burp.  I've even
gone so far as to price a direct OEM Bosal exhaust system in case mine ever
goes belly up.  Now Jonas shows us a Scirocco 16v with a stock head and
hopped up cams, torquey bottom end, a power module (can't get around it, you
can't starve a car for fuel and expect to haul ass), BUT with a stock
exhaust, and it still puts out a punch.  I'm laboriously rebuilding a 16v
head and I keep eyeing the 2.0 crank I have.  Potterman offered to sell me a
nice 2.0 16v pressure plate w/ a stock 1.8 16v disc clutch setup which I'll
most likely take him up on to handle the upgrade....but I really didn't want
to have to change my exhaust.  So does this mean you really don't have to
change the exhaust?  If so, maybe there's hope for me after all *sigh*