Re: What happens when you drop a belt on a 16v?

> > Its dumb luck you did not stuff a valve.
>
> >>It's dumb assed comments like this that get me into an ass kickin'
> mood!
>
> And its pointless comments like that that make regret wasting the
> time
> posting to this list.

My point was, You could have worded that with a little more tact

> > My friends Jetta
> > stuffed
> > them at 2000rpm in 20mph traffic.
>
> >>How many miles since the belt had been changed? Your answer will
> not be
> >>taken with much credibility.
>
> What does that have anything to do with him stuffing valves? And if
> you doubt
> my credibility dont respond to the posts.

I have heard "horror stories" from people that have run belts on their
cars that have over 75k miles and are SHOCKED that their belt snaped.
These same people are the ones that rant about "If the belt breaks your
head is screwed!" and that pisses me off.

> > Why is this? Is it because the 2.0 has a longer stroke then the
> 1.8?
>
> >>You can get a 1.8 out by one tooth and the worst you have to worry
> about
> >>is a poor running car. Do the same on a 2.0 and you have some bent
> >>intakes.
>
> Again why is this?
>
> >>I guess that would have to do with the difference in compression
> >>ratios.
>
> The Bentley manual lists both the 9A and PL motor as having 10:1
> compression.
>
> Hmmm, you don't happen to have anything to do with the Scirocco
> >>registry? They seem to spread this kind of bullshit propaganda on
> their
> >>page as I remember.
>
> 2.0 = 92.8 mm stroke x 82.5 mm bore
> 1.8 = something like 86.4 mm stroke and 81 mm bore, not sure on the
> exact
> numbers off the top of my head.

A 2.0 has 10.8:1.

Eric