Re: New Scirocco Owner -- Some advice if you please

> 1)  The engine has a tapping valve that subsides after about 15 minutes
of
> driving,  problem is I only work 'bout a mile from my job so the engine
> never really warms up to that temp.  How nessary is it to correct that
> problem?
One other thought,... I bought a non-car (ie. not a VW) with hydraulic
valve adjusters that sounded like a jam session at a snare drum
convention.  (I git it really cheap!)  First, with the engine warm, I
poured a quart of my engine flush of choice, (Diesel fuel) and let it
idle for about ten minutes.  (it got quieter)  Then I changed the oil
filter and filled it with a good 10W-30 and a bottle of Rislone.  Rislone
comes in a yellow bottle for about $2.50 at most auto parts stores.
Basically, it's a quart of SJ grade motor oil with a ton of detergent
additives.  After about 100 miles of driving the valves were dead quiet.
I switched over to my favorite synthetic after about 800 miles (I was
gonna take a trip and didn't want to leave the grunge fighter mix in
there) and have had no problems since.  Cheap to try anyway!
-kevin in Texas