Re: MK1 computers?

	I think you're describing the oxygen sensor brain.  It looks vaguely like
the back end of a stereo (my car was broken into cuz the perp thought it was
a stereo--s/he left it dangling after yanking it out).  It should have a
wide connector which is released by pressing the metal tab near its base.

	The oxygen sensor popped up in '80 or '81, perhaps starting first on
California cars.  Both of my '81's have 'em.  Don't quote me on these dates
but if I'm off, I'm sure it'll draw out the minutiae demons.    HTH,
benton-----