Re: Oil in My Airfilter

Firstly, Humpn, your K&N should have oil on it.  But, it sounds like it is excessive so it is probably blow-by which is cause (usually) by a worn motor (rings).  Another problem would be (on other cars, the pcv valve would cause this) you pcv system.  A blocked breather/vent would cause an excessive amount of crankcase pressure pushing oil out the pcv hoses/housing and going into your air filter housing.  Check any kind of ventilation parts and it would be a good idea to check compression!!  Are you burning any oil?  HTH!

Dave

I opened up my airbox the other day and found that my K&N was soaked with motor oil. The bottom of the airbox was clean, but the filter was soaked with oil. What is causing this? Where could the oil be coming from and why?

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L