Re: Brake question

> I have a 16v Scirocco with the stock 10.1" front brakes. I recently came
> across a pair of Corrado G60's 11" calipers. My question is: Other than
> filling the gap in my 16" wheels, what gains would there be?

Depends what/where you're running etc.  I did my breaks with the 11"
momentum conversion, because I race, and had big power gains in mind when i
got the kit.  With the 10.1" brakes, they were good, but with two people in
the car, doing some 20 laps or so, you'd start to feel them get hot.  They
also have a nicer pedal feel.

   Its not a lot of money for extra brakes, and IMO, brakes are like
horsepower, you can never have enough.

  And an added bonus, it looks cooler to have those wheels filled up by more
disc.  Just be sure you have 15" wheels, or they probably won't fit.

       HTH

Owen
87 Scirocco 16v #38 CD-SS.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571