Re: Headers! (16v)

My experience with the Bellevue Motorsports header on
my '80 'rocco is the it has held up pretty good so
far.  I bought it in '96 and it has had not problems
once I got installed.

The install was a bit of a pain.  At the same time I
swapped in a TT cat and a 1.8 JH engine.  The set up
did not match the existing exhaust so I had to have
the local shop trim a couple inches out after the cat.

Also depending on what car/engine combo you are
putting this on you may need to get an old oxy sensor
or plug to cap the oxy boss on the header.  Maybe you
can get one without not sure.  Also If you have a EGR
valve on your motor you may need to cap that off to.

My header is the plain jane type.  no coating/ not
stainless.  It has a little surface rust but is still
strong.  Next time I would probably coat it to avoid
the rust look.

I can't tell you how well it works vs stock but I like
it.

A two piece brospeed would be easier to install
probably.  We had to jack the hell out of the car to
get the header in.

hth

Emile Draper
'80 'rocco