Re: Injector cleaning

Michael Leach <scirocco16v_1@yahoo.com> writes:
> well I am deep into my spring project and now that I
> have the Injectors out of my car I am curious about
> the best way to clean them....short of sending them to
> a shop....I have them in gas right now...anything
> better?
>
> and on the same note what would it cost to get the
> injectors sent to the shop cleaned and test the spray
> pattern.....at least I could get them to put the new
> injector o-rings on

I've heard good things about JWSVW, check out their site:
http://www.jwsvws.com/jw00005.html

This is jwsvw's deal:
Send us your set of 4 injectors (contact us about those sets of 5) and
we'll exchange them for a set that has been tanked and pressure-cleaned.
We test spray patterns, delivery rate and leakage characteristics ..
giving you the best available used injectors for short money. Each set is
hand-matched and comes complete w/new O-rings installed. Shipped to you
(US mainland) for $69.00 complete. Add a 2nd check for $20.00 and
application/part #s if you need to use your injectors til these arrive.
We'll send your $20.00 back to you after we receive your valid core
injectors.

Sounds like a deal to me...

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts