OXY Sensor Mount

I'm replacing the cat-back (Thanks, Ben!) on my car in hopes of being legal
finally, and while I'm at it, I postulate, why not replace the oxygen
sensor? So I drop the down pipe as well and set about removing the sensor,
which I am now guessing was the original (153K) part, based on how
stubbornly attached it was to the mounting lug on the downtube. When I did
finally get it to break loose via a violent application of torque, it did
just that: broke loose. The part of the mount lug that had the threads cut
into it stayed attached to the old sensor.

I took an 18mm spark plug tap to the lug to re-cut the threads, but there
just isn't enough metal left  to hold the new sensor securely. I have a
"low-budget-high-flow" cat ;)  that I am not particularly interested in
showing off to a shop to ask them to weld on a new boss, so instead I was
wondering if any of you have had similar experiences that might lead me to a
quick (cheap?) solution.

Anyone?

TIA

tiAn
87 16v -- loud as hell with _no_ exhaust...