Re: Website- help needed

In a message dated 4/13/2000 4:06:49 PM, rdeed@UDel.Edu writes:
>I have checked my site using a few different internet hookups and it seems
>to work but this guy says it isn't.

I think the guy is right, it's a server issue. You need to tell your web host
to set the MIME type for .swf files. You can tell by typing the url directly
to the flash file:
<http://www.netcolony.com/members/rich/rocarticle1.swf>
When I put that in my browser, it shows funky code. Then try:
<http://www.strikethetent.com/striko.swf>
It runs the file correctly.

It works for you, because I suspect youre running IE... maybe the dude is
using Netscape like me. I tried it in IE and it worked fine. But the MIME
types still need to be right.

BTW, I hate that "Ho-hum, also-ran" quote. I have an 8v and I don't think
it's ho-hum. Magazine writers are so stupid. They contradict themselves from
one issue to the next. Cool Flash stuff though...