Just bought a Mk1 - couple questions

Hey people!

Just bought a Mk1!  This was the car in Maryland that a couple
people mentioned.  I haven't actually _seen_ the car yet - gonna
pick it up on Sunday.  It's an '82 (non-S), and I'm pretty psyched!
I want to do some fixing up, and thought of some questions for all
you experts. And as soon as it looks OK, I'll post some pics for
the website.

1) Does anyone sell carpet sets for these?  The owner has a
black set that's new, but originally the carpet was tan...
He also has some black door panels, so if anyone's interested,
these might be available.  The car is dark green, and I think
tan would look better, so I want to find a source for tan
carpets (and maybe door panels...).

2) Suspension - I have to see what state the suspension's in,
but I want to replace anything's that marginal.  I might do
an occasional auto-x, but mainly it's just going to be a street
car, so I don't want anything too stiff.  I know Neuspeed has
spring/shock kits.  I've also seen Shine racing's packages.
Does anyone have any experience with either??

3) Tires - what's the best size tire for stock rims?  I may
get some BBS's at some point, but that's going to have to
wait...

Thanks!!

- Mark, NYC