Re: CV joint and Car experience

Do you have a 16v?  on my 8v I tried to remove the axle w/o taking the lower
balljoint off, but there was just not enough room.  I usually have to take
the swaybar and lower balljoint off, for both sides.  That freekin inner is
fun, eh?  did you have it pressed off, or were you able to get it with a
mallet.  I had a shop press it off and back on. they put it on backwards!!!!
I did not realize until I had it assembled.  It worked (on my old car), but
the groove for the boot flange didn't line up... interesting.  I did my first
CV joint about 2 years ago now, and have changed about 4 axles and 3 boots in
4 VW's.   Putting them back together is always the most fun (sarcasm here)

Ben
84 8v