RE: [Scirocco] Wheel Question

Steel wheel on your Roc? Are you sure? I thought they all came with aluminum
(at least on the MkII).

I'm not the VW master, but:

The weight goes up VERY QUICKLY with each inch of diameter. I was really
surprised how much difference 1" made when I was shopping for wheels. Make
sure you're comparing to another 13" wheel. I've heard that TSW and Enkei
are both known to be HEAVY, too. A lightweight aluminum wheel will be
lighter than a steel one, but that in no way means that ALL aluminum wheels
are lighter than a steel cheapie, especially when designed more for "sho"
than "go". I don't think that there are any positive benefits to increasing
unsprung weight...

Neal
88 16v