Re: Too Much $$$$ - musings a week before payday

> hehehe - yah, but when you get the cars for only $150
> each across the pond, you can justify the end result a
> lot better!

seriously speaking, the cars that I got for $150 , haven't the
slightest chance to become show cars, unless you put much $$ in them.

All the Sciroccos that I owned before, even the "Black Cat"
are cars that have to be rated as average, ( hard to admit, but true )
in spite of I invested  enough money in them.

On a meet like Roadstar, none of my Sciroccos would
have had a chance at all to have won any trophy there,
they weren't even noticed among the real beauties.

more examples :
My friend Heino spent $20.000 on modifying the engine alone,
not to mention the rest of the car. His car is O.K. now,
but he isn't really satisfied. ( maybe he should have bought
a Porsche instead )
Club member Achim invested about $35.000 in his Scirocco,
at least he managed to get some cups with that one.
....I could continue this list ...

Personally , I always wanted to keep my Scirocco-passion
as affordable as possible, but not all projects that I started were
successfull in the end, I had to try several suspension setups, different
wheels,
some modifications that turned out to be expensive but useless in the end,
it happened often enough that I wasted hundreds of $
just by making a false decision,
so I would never dare to make a total of all the bills I paid for,
it would be also  an amount to buy a used 911 for ...

...but I never regretted so far to drive a Scirocco.

> I've been meaning to ask you - I know you have found
> euro-bumpers for some of the listees - how much (USD)
> do you usually charge for them to get them found &
> shipped?

again (!) , I can't send any bumpers to the States,
as they are longer than 1.2 meter, and therefore german Post
rejects to send them. As I violated this rule several times,
I had to pay a fine and my name and address
are blacklisted in the Post offices now. :-(

If you have a source for having shipping them - FINE !

my prices were :
 $200 for a good pair of Euro-bumpers, $80 for the freight.

friendly Greetings
Dirk