Re: Oil Squirters and hot tanking!

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 16:49:13 -0300 "Sal Guzzo" <pellom@yorku.ca> writes:
> When hot boiling (or whatever the technical term is) the block, do I
> need to remove the oil squirters? Is there anything else I nee to
> remove? I've already removed the pistons, crank, intermediate shaft.
>  Do I also need to remove the intermediate shaft bearing. If so, how
> do I remove it. BTW, the motor is a 2.0l 16V

Remove the squirters, intermediate shaft bearings, and the oil galley
plugs. (look like freeze plugs) Carbonized oil and filth can be lodged
behind these plugs and a dip in the hot tank may not remove it all. If
you need the # for the kit from Beck Arnley I can get that in a few days
(ie Mon.) Good luck.

Eric
Good, bad....I'm the guy with the gun!