Update: Scirocco bodykits

Folks, we are getting very close to being able to place our order. What
I have to work out are the logistics of taking 50% deposits, shipping,
etc. I don't know right now if we can do credit card or if it'll be some
other means of payment. I will keep you all posted.

NOTE: At this time it is imperative that the real players please stand
up. That is, who is 100% about ordering (and how long from now), who is
still just thinking about it, and who should I remove from the list for
sure? For that matter, is there anyone who wants to be added? Please
email me directly about this. Thanks. <mailto:sfwilliams@home.com>

Also, it appears that some of us have not seen the pictures of the kit.
Find the details here:
<http://members.home.net/sfwilliams/bodykit/bodykit.htm>
***********
VeeWdriver@aol.com
I am just getting ready to take my Mk1 off the road and strip it for
painting
(Mars Red).  How much do you expect those kits to run?

We're figuring that the price tag without shipping from Toronto, CA will
be about $350 U.S.
**************
sean&jan kelly <sean@pacificrim.net>
Great news about the body kits. I'm a little suprised that the side
skirts are not included. Why? Do the flares integrate well with the body

without the skirts? Will the skirts be available in the future?

The skirts aren't included because I don't have any to copy. If you know
of a source please let me know. There's no reason why we can't do them,
too. Personally though, I don't care for the side skirts very much. To
see what the kit looks like without them, review the photos of the race
cars. Just keep in mind that the flares are half the size. The Oettinger
car up top sports an airdam that is closer to our Scirocco S-looking
version.
***************
"Randy B" <scirokn81@email.msn.com>
I would love to have the kit on the Silver Oettinger racer in the top
photo.

Well, that *is* pretty much what you'll be getting. Again, though, the
flares do *not* protrude but half as much. What you'll get is a much
more aggressive but possibly OEM-looking  appearance. What the Rabbit
GTI flares do for that car is pretty much what you'll get here. The
added bonus is where the airdam gracefully integrates into the front
flares.
***************
"Michael D. Sandras" <astrox@ix.netcom.com>
Thanks! I have always thought that this was one of Vw's best looking
cars and it bugs me that no one makes a decent looking air dam or body
kit.  I have literally been
looking for a front air dam for 4 months with no success until now.  I
have a few questions:
1) Will you make a front air dam that will fit independently from the
entire kit?
2) When will the side skirts be available?

At this point we have no plans to recreate the stock Scirocco S or other
front airdam. You can find them in the junkyards or swapmeets. The old
Kamei airdams were reproduced last year by Mike Potter at Virtual World
Parts. Try him here. <http://www.parts4vws.com>. As for the side skirts,
I need a pair to copy first!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website! And sign the Guestbook...
http://www.usrallyteam.com