Re: Flashing water temp light

the 16vs do tend to run hot in stock configuration but 3/4 is still a tad
high but then again you are in Texas so....And as far as the flashing temp
light goes. Did you check to make sure your coolant was filled up? I once
had a pinhole size hole in my lower radiator hose and I would only loose
coolant when driving and putting the engine under load. Then one day my
coolant light starts flashing and I find that the coolant resevoir is
practically empty. Good start to check that your coolant is full and you
dont have any leaks anywhere. Oh yeah the coolant tanks tend to leak
around the seams...check that too. HTH

Rich Deede
University Of Delaware (Communications)
1988 Scirocco 2.0 16v