Re: Transmission question

>I thought the Golfs got the 100mm drive flanges right around 86 or so...I
>can't say for certain on that point though.
>I know the 86 roc transaxle will have the 100mm flanges as that started
>late 84ish for the 85 models...anyone say for sure on when the A2's got
>them?

All I know is that I have seen later model (post '86) Golfs and Jettas with
90mm flanges. As to what determines which year/model gets the 100mm flanges
I do not know for sure.

>>And if the car in question is a 16V you will also have to replace
>>your clutch disk with an 8V one.
>

>You probably actually meant a 16v one here...? :-)

Yeah, missed that part at the very beginning about it being an 8V. DOH!!

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag (Scirocco of course)