RE: price question

We paid $95-ish at Advance Auto for my brother's '85 GTI clutch - this
included the friction disc, pressure plate, T/O plate, and T/O bearing
(which we didn't replace).  It also included an alignment tool to get
everything centered - a real lifesaver, considering that it's a real PITA to
get the tranny in and out of there, since Bentley and Haynes both neglect to
tell you that it's easier if you take off the left drive shaft.

The Scirocco should cost about the same.  I'm not sure what the list vendors
cost, but it's always a good idea to check with them first.  If nothing
else, I would trust their quality more than that of some outfit like Advance
or Autozone.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating