Re: Audi throttle body...

For further clarification:

Jettas for delivery in the US with "EN" (1.7 gas EFI) motors used the 067
253 031 AG "boat anchor" starting with the 1983 model year (same manifold
as GTI/GLI/Scirocco with JH.)

Prior to that, they used the 067 253 031 K, which is the dual port, with
preheat studs and O2 tap.

Jettas for delivery in the US with CR motors (1.6 NA diesel) used the 055
253 031 T (same as the US Rabbits that I mentioned in a previous message).
This is the 4-2-1 clip style manifold, with no O2 tap (it may be there but
plugged) and no holes for the heat riser studs.  All NA A1 diesel Jettas
should have this manifold.

Canadian Jettas with EN motors also switched from dual-port 6 stud to clip
on beginning with the 1983 model year.  They switched to 067 253 031
AB, which is the 4-2-1 clip on style, with provisions for pre-heat and EGR
(for aoutmatic trans.)

In order to use my stock JH downpipe with the 4-2-1 clip-on I had to trim
the piece of pipe that stuck up past where the swivel flange was welded on
to the pipe.  The 4-2-1 clip-on has a divider in it which comes out flush
with the outlet of the manifold, as it was originally used with a
dual-downpipe.

Drew (84 X 2)

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 thescirocco@juno.com wrote:

> I know '81 Jettas came with dual exhaust manifolds, but I wasn't aware
> that '82 and '83 did...
>
> Peter
> '79 Scirocco 16V project car
> '84 Scirocco 2.0L
> '83 GTI
> '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca