Re: sucky idle problems with the Mad Max turbo roc

In a message dated 4/5/00 9:53:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time, alext@nu2u.net
writes:

<< thanks for the advice.>>

Your welcome.

<< Is there a way to test the warm up regulator?
 I have an Audi turbo regulator as well, but I don't want to
 install that if I don't have to....>>

The only test for the pressure regulator itself is to check the resistance
across the two terminals.  You should replace the regulator if there infinite
resistance(open) or if the resistance is greatly more or less than 20
ohms(per Bentley).

<< Also, would a faulty aux air regulator cause any idle problems? >>

 If the aux. air valve is bad you would get either a high idle all the time
or a bad(low) idle all the time.  Now if the valve was bad to start with and
you've adjusted the idle, you have masked the problem and may not know you
have a bad valve.  The best way to know if the valve is working is to test it.

I wouldn't try cleaning the regulator while it is installed.  If any small
amount of crap gets into the fuel system (fuel distributor/injectors), you
may be looking for those new parts real soon.  If you do try cleaning it,
make sure you flush it our well.

GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco