RE: Audi throttle body...

>  I have an 84 8v, and right now its pretty much completely stock.  I'm
>  considering putting in a 5000 throttle body, as it is pretty cheap, but
how
>  much will it actually do?  Will I notice a big difference in performance?
Is
>  it hard to install? Time consuming?

Until you get an exhaust manifold that isn't so restrictive as the one on
your particular car (off of a diesel rabbit for $25, or the same one from tt
for $150) and free up the exhaust (with a tt sport tuned system) and port
the intake (by an actual machine shop) to match the t.b., you will only be
impressing your friends and the gas station attendant.  Sorry.  But it is a
fast, easy job; after you have done everything else you'll actually feel
some gains.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI