Gasoline test (Premium/Regular)

I honestly dont remember the last time I bought anything besides Premium, and
that is only from Chevron (Texaco if there is no Chevron around). I once owned a
85 Jetta w/ a trip computer, and I preformed a little test. I put $10 dollars of
premium in an empty tank and went so many miles, I then bought $10 of Regular
after I had emptied out the Premium.  I wrote down the comp. info  reset the
computer and proceded with the test. My results was that even though I got more
gas buying the Regular, I went about the same distance with the premium, and of
course the car ran better. The computer showed the average mile/gallon and
favored the premium by far. I also had a 88 LeBaron w/a trip computer, and did
the same test with it's V6. and found very similar results. I did my best to
make the tests accurate and I am confident that they were accurate to the
ability of the equipment. Since then I have never put anything but premium in my
cars, even if I only have $1.50 for gas to get me accross town.
As far as the Rocc...... all I have to say is 10/1 comp..... I have no choice
considering I have no knock sensor. I usually try to keep my octane around or
over 100, I do this by adding NOS Racing Octane Booster to the premium gas, I
have tried many other boosters and I prefer the results of the NOS, but I am
shure every one has their preference.

My 2¢,
Nathan