Re: Coupla questions

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:15:34 -0500 "M. Burnham" <desmo@interport.net>
writes:
>Hello all!
>2) Does anyone have a chart of Scirocco weights?  I was told
>by someone (knowledgeable) that the Mk1 Sciroccos were 500 lbs.
>lighter than the Mk2.  Can anyone confirm this?
>- Mark

Pottermans MK-I weighs 2,000 lbs with him in the car. I weighed my MK-II
last sunday at the autox. Much to my surprise, it weighs 2230lbs with me
out of the car and 2380 with me in the car (helmet in my hands). The car
had 3/4 tank of fuel (11 gal fuel tank) and the added weight of a
rollbar. Thats a HUGE difference, especially on the autox course. My car
is essentially stock as far as whats in the car. I have alot of
aftermarket additions so the car is not as light as it could be.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and