Re: Help me put archives back online please!!

Jeez, I think I could live without those sections. For me, the main
problem that archives solve is the repetition of the same questions over
and over by letting people search them before posting questions they think
someone else probably asked before.

There seems to be a certain number of questions that are asked FAR more
often than any others (Which shocks are best? --or-- How do I replace my
timing belt? come to mind). If there were a few months of missing
messages over the last 3+ years, I think you'll still find at least a
dozen other threads answering the same question in the months we do have.

If you can find the messages, great. More power to the list! I wouldn't
worry about it too much, though. Frankly, I'd be perfectly happy if we
started an archive from scratch, knowing that eventually I would be able
to search them for the answers I'm looking for, rather than add to the 80
messages I get already from the list every day!

Neal

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Brett P VanSprewenburg wrote:

> I'm in the process of putting the scirocco mailing list archives back
> online, as they've been gone for quite sometime now.  Some of the messages
> that should have been kept were not, some I'm making a plea to the list
> members who have been around the longest, and especially those of you
> on the list digest.  Here's what's missing:
>
> The entire month of July, 1996.
> 95% of the month of July, 1998
> Also missing are: Febuary 1998, March 1998, April 1998, May 1998, June 1998.
>
> If anyone has the digests from any days during these months, please forward
> them to me.  I know it's a long shot, but someone might have them.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ==Brett

			Neal Tovsen