RE: MKII instrument cluster trim installation

Having been trying to fix my tach, I have removed the guage cluster a few
times lately.

The trim (if you mean the piece that rests between the guages and front of
dash) does not need to be very secure.  I have only one screw in it, and it
should be fine just resting there.

The speedo cable is a bit harder though.  To remove it, you need to
disassemble the underside of the dash.  start by removing the shelf, and the
you need to take off the 'panel' above that. There is only one screw on the
panel, actually a hex nut, on the left side next to the hood release.  After
you take that out, just pop that bottom piece out, although you may need to
pull a little. (I know, it seems like a lot of work just to get to the
guages, and even if you can lean the guages forward to dis-connect it, you
need to do this to re-connect the speedo cable) Anyway, after you take the
panel off, you can reach right up and undo the clasp on the cable.

Hope this helps!!

Will

'84 8v wolfs