Re: 16V Scirocco (tranny blow up)

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:25:14 -0700 (PDT) Mark Peele <type53@yahoo.com>
writes:

>That's not exactly what I was saying.
>
>What I meant was that I don't think downshifting
>causes self machining syndrome - which is what the
>post (not the thread) was implying.
>
>make your checks payable to cash . . .

Oh, sorry, I guess that was ME that was calling it BS. :)

SMS will happen in its due time to all trannies that did not have the
cheapo clips installed from the factory. Nothing has ever been proven to
cause it OR the VWOA would be paying a boat load to fix each and every
tranny that has failed. (Unfortunately)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and