The HONEST lowdown on my 87 16V Scirocco

Please send me comments, ideas, suggestions...Mock me about the Monroes and
Audiovox :)

The HONEST lowdown on my 87 16V Scirocco -With all its faults, I LOVE THIS
CAR!

Problems

1.)	Front strut inserts - Bought Monroe Sens-a-Trac struts (friend owns
a/p store, only brand he can get / 2 front struts $ 70.00!). Need to replace
(mechanic required - to compress springs and install new inserts into
springs).

2.)	Passenger side motor mount - Need to purchase mount (mechanic
required - to press out old mount and press in new mount). Timing Belt
required.

3.)	Tune up and oil change - need to purchase Air filter (Mann), spark
plugs (Super Bosch + 4), bought Castrol Performax synthetic oil, and Bosch
oil filter.

4.)	Oil and temperature lights come on - if I race the car (beat on it a
little bit). No visible leaks, and fluids checked regularly, but still get
these lights when engine is running hot (usually after fast driving).

5.)	Serious bind in power steering - I am told that bleeding it will
most likely not work, may need new rack !!!???

6.)	Exhaust rattle - NEW dual down pipe (stock) with cat. Could this be
from the broken passenger engine mount ?

7.)	Heat on constantly - may need new valve ???

Minor Details

1.)	Door locks and trunk lock - Need to install (ignition switch
replaced from parts car in N.J, lost old key).

2.)	Rear Wiper - Does not work, I will get the motor from my parts car
in N.J.

3.)	Sunroof - Does not roll back, only tilts (common). Need kit ???

4.)	Radio - I have an Audiovox :-( (better than what's in it now!), need
to install as well as passenger door speaker.

5.)	Tray - The tray under the steering wheel, need to install other half
(I have it).

6.)	New wipers - New wipers.

Inspection Needed

Entire Suspension
Belt & Hoses
Compression Test (supposedly 175,177,180,210 mechanic not worthy though)
Fluids

Summary

Body is VERY clean (Owen red :-)), needs touch up paint here and there, but
nice nonetheless.
200,000 Miles plus and still kicking.

Most Recent Smack Downs

Too many Hondas to count
'90 something  Corrado (no I am not making it up)
Some silly Audi (careful you might scratch it, that's what you get for
trying to tailgate a Rocco)