Re: 16V oil pressure sending units: what the &$^#(*$&?!?!?

>Apparently there is a way to make this work, since Mark told me his friend
>did make it work, it is just that it is not obvious what to do. I suspect
>it has to do with teh two stock sensors being for low and high pressure.
>Maybe I should have removed the rear sensor instead of the front one?
>
>Has anybody in here done this to a 16V?
>

>Thanks,
>
>Elias

You left out at least one combination actually, which happens to be the
one that works.

Anyway, the dual sender obviously only fits on the front one, however
one of the poles on the dual sender (usually) replaces the
pressure ranges for the  _rear_ sender, not the one at the front.
The 'secret' is to move the front sender to the back, and it's wire
goes with it.  Take the wire that went to the rear one and put it on
the correct pole of the dual sender.  BTW, the pressure ranges are
stamped on the bases of the senders in very small writing.  Replace
which ever stock sender is closest to the one on the dual, get it?

later!

==Brett