Re: sunroof repair

Joshua Conner wrote:

This is a very simple install.  Patience is required however.  I merely
obtained a used gti roof and pulled the entire assembly out roof and
all.  You must crank the roof of both cars back at least half way to
remove the screws though.  Make sure you grease every aspect of the roof
asmb., including the cables!  The timing is not tough but not simple
either.  after you have the roof in but before you screw it down lift
the front of the asmb. off of the gear and push the roof all the way
back.  Make sure before you set the asmb. back on the gear you have
turned the crank round and round till it will not turn any more. set the
asmb. domn on the gear and give it a try.
Upside: Working roof, cheap
Downside:  No slide.  As far as i know only sciroocco's  recieved tilt
and break, i mean slide :^{
-Joshua-
'88 16V
call if you have ?'s  I will be glad to walk you through it on your
dime.  i have done four cars.
614-870-8549
Columbus, Ohio

DOH!   I mean no tilt!