Re: Stock 16V Rims

-- "Snow, Jason" <SnowJ@aetna.com> wrote:
> I was told the the stock 87 16v Scirocoo rims are
> not condusive to good
> handeling, something about an "offset"...
> Someone who claims to be a Scirocco Guru said that
> these were the worst
> handeling rims made for the Rocco...
>
> Can someone tel me True or False ???
==============
I would say . . . FALSE!

I would say that the 13X5 rims used on the MK1 are
worse, followed by the various 13X5.5 rims used on MK2
8V models. In the U.S., the "Teardrop" rim was the
only 14X6 rim offered for Sciroccos. The offset of
38MM (same as the Rabbit GTI rims) is what the factory
determined to be optimum for A1 chassis cars.

Is it the best 14X6? No. IMHO they are too heavy.

All this said - I am not a guru.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)