Re: won't start

Mike & Shelley wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've just recently become a Scirocco owner. Its an 84 8v.
>
> I am having a problem starting the car after it when the engine is warm. If
> I have been driving and try to start the car after a short stop, nothing. I
> can't hear the soleniod at all. If I leave it for awhile it will start fine.
>
> any ideas.
>
> Mike

Sounds like a heat soak problem.

Consider the following;

1. Electricity is inhibited by heat. And corrosion.

2. Recondition the main connections for power in the engine bay-

A. Battery posts.
B. Battery ground to Chassis + Engine.
C. Battery + to Starter.
D. Starter to Engine block. (This is not a wire like the rest,  just the
starter's body as it connects to the engine block.)
E. Add a wire from the Alt's case to the Engine's block.

I have thrown about a bunch of numbers but the ideas are sound. Correct
the flow of the almighty amps and this will help a great deal.

hth,
TBerk early i the morning.