Re: Block heaters?

** Reply to note from "Ben Smith" <drivervw@hotmail.com> Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:07:23 EDT

> I have thought of getting a block heater for my car. I have to leave at  around 7:00 am, so there is
> not a lot of time for me to run up a very long,  very cold, very snowy, and very slippery set of
> stairs with 10 inches of  snow to start my car 5 mins sooner. Would a VW diesel block warmer
> work? I  tried looking at a diesel Rabbit, but the electrical cord went behind the  engine, and I could
> not see it. Is the wamer an oil warmer or a freeze-plug  style coolant warmer?

  I have had a block heater installed in all my VWs. I ner really looked but I believe it is the coolant
warmer style.

  I do not use it every day, only when the weather forecast predicts temperatures lower than -10
Celcius.

  In this part of the world, it is a cheap way of saving your engine if you want to keep it for a long
time.

  Jean-Claude
  ICQ: 47403427

  84 8v, 251 000 + Km