Re: AVOS Coil-overs = Garbage

At 6:21 am -0700 24/9/99, Chris Chemidlin wrote:
>Hmmm...
>That's strange to hear. Avo's are used and endorsed by Ron Lummus racing.
>They are chassis builders/drivers of some of the fastest PRA pro bugs.
>http://www.ronlummusracing.com
>
>I was even considering a ladderbar/Avo coilover setup on the 58...
>
>CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
>http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
>http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
>58 Type1 Ragtop
>84 Jetta uGLi

FYI for anyone thinking of getting coilovers: Avo has the worst reputation
of any coilover on the market.  Their reliability is up there (or down
there) with Spax... and this isn't a 'net reputation, either - it comes
from talking to people at RPI and Denon who have sold truckloads of Avo
(and Spax) and have had to deal with them coming back with warrantee
problems... :P