Audi 5000 Intake Manifold on an 8V

Well, after a coupla days without a computer, I thought that I'd share some
info about what I was told.  Has any of the 8vers ever tried using an Audi
5000 intake manifold?  What I was told to do was to hack off one of the
runners and then weld it shut.  Apparently, it's suppose to increase the
amount of torque.  Now, I don't have figures nor do I have something to
compare with, but I figured I might as well as pass this info around just
in case some one with a lot more experience than I already attempted this
feat and concluded...yah or nah!

Just curious...

Sal

81 Scirocco (for sale)