Plunk, in goes the new engine

    Just thought I'd update y'all on my engine project, since my 245,000 km
16v bit the dust via blown head gasket today.
    Basically it's been a long time coming, I've been assembling parts over
abOOt (I say aboot cause I'm Canadian), a year now.

    So what I'm dropping in is a 2.0L bottom end (45,000 kms old), with all
sorts of new bits attached to it (new waterpump, gaskets, seals, vw
motorsports windage tray, coolant hoses...), mated to a ported and polished
2.0L head, with lots of fun stuff, like, schrick 268 cams and schrick valve
springs, valve grind, all new head components, seals guides lifters chain
etc, ARP head studs, VW motorsport higher compression head gasket, 50mm
intake manifold, ceramic coated eurosport header, Jamex airbox, polished and
port matched TB...  I also have some good stuff like the velocity diff kit,
S.S teflon coated brake lines, 11" slotted rotors and VR6 calipers, new
muffler (since the car tossed the old one off).

    So, as you can see, I'm pulling a Brett VanSprewenburgermaniablkafajdf
(well, maybe a half assed version :)   Since the car is undriveable right
now, its going up on jackstands tomorrow, so I can remove the engine, build
up the new one, clean the whole engine bay, paint and detail every last part
of the new engine, put the brakes on, the 28mm rear swaybar on, and
everything else I've been meaning to do since I bought the car over 3 years
ago.

   Also, I wanted to give a huge thanks to a few People.... Potterman, he
rules.  He got just about everything for the rebuild, and cheaply too.
Awesome to deal with, and he even returns your phone calls (long distance to
canuck land, unlike 99% of the places out there).  I urge everyone to deal
with Mike, he really cares about the VW community, not the nookie $$ :)

   Also, the guys at Momentum Motorsports in Vancouver.  They did the port
and polish work on the head, got me the block, 11" brake conversion kit and
everything, and its all top notch.  Customer service is top notch too, I had
some probs with the brakes, and they sent me 100% brand new parts for it, no
questions asked.

         Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on the progress, but the only
reason I'm doing this is to spank some of yo asses next year at Cindy ( I
see Brett, I see Riley, I see Jason and Jason....)

Owen
87 Scirocco 16v #38 CD-SS.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571