Re: Switch to synthetic for 16V engine?

In a message dated 9/25/99 11:56:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
eg1@cec.wustl.edu writes:

<< What have you guys experienced when switching to synthetic in 16V
 engines? Should I worry about leaks and forget about the switch, or just
 do it and don't think twice?

I have been using mobile one for 2 years now and I have had no problems at
all.  I have always had a slight leak from the pan gasket before I changed to
synthetic and It did not get any worse after I made the switch.  One thing I
did notice is that the oil temp dropped significantly when I made the switch.
On regular oil I was seeing temps of 123 Celts and after the switch I have
temps around 108 in the summer with the A/C on, I would recommend the switch
just for that. When I did the switch though, I went with semi-synthetic
first, then the next oil change I went to full synthetic. I don't know if you
have to do that but i did anyway. I give two thumbs up for synthetic

Brian 86 16v