RE: '81's electrical woes...annoying its owner

I don't care what they say... you're a demigod of VW wiring. OR, at least,
helping.

>Im sitting here looking over my 81 Roc wiring diagrams and it seems that
>you
>(Dave) must have a serious problem with the ignition switch to be causing
>these problems.
>
>The ignition switch gets 12V via terminal 30 at all times....then it
>tranfers that voltage depending on the key position.  One thing you don't
>mention is what position you have the key in when all this clicking
>occured.

Yeah, I'm a little dyslexic sometimes. Let's say thr key was in the on
position (15) the whole time. My bad.

But, I know the switch itself is good! That wasn't the problem. The problem
was the bitchy bunch (say that three times fast) of wires that when moved,
it was as if the ignition key switch was being turned on and off and on and
off and etc.

>This is the only way you will get a 12V current to the fuel pump and to the
>coil as the coil 12v is dependent on voltage from the fuel pump relay via a
>wire at a3 going back into the fusebox at a5 and then out to the coil at
>c19.

I'll let you know what comes of it.

Thanks mucho, Brian...

-Dave