Re: CIS-E guru needed!

>List,
>	A friend and I were testing my car and trying to figure out why it
>idled so rough. It turns out that the reading off of the differential
>pressure regulator (little grey box on the back of the fuel distributor) was
>a constant 20 MA! Bentley says it should be fluctuating between 1 and 10.1ma
>constantly. We then disconnected the Oxygen sensor, and tested it. It came
>to a solid 10.1 MA, not fluctuating at all then. Before I go spend 70$ on a
>heated oxygen sensor, what could it be?

It's probably the O2 sensor, as you suspect.  I've seen this exact problem
before and it's been a bad sensor.

>I am going to do injector seals, inserts, and o-rings regardless.

Also a good idea.

>The symptoms were that the idle would
>fluctuate, causing it to stall occasionally after it was warmed up, and it
>takes a while to start before it catches. But once it starts, it idles rock
>solid at 1000rpm. After revving it, and getting rid of the O2 sensor light,
>and the battery light it idles a bit rough (fluctuating between 900-1000rpm)
>but tolerable. Once it gets nice and warmed up though, is when the rough
>idling starts.

Sounds like a bad mixture, since the mixture is sensitive to temperature,
it's not correct for the engine once it's warmed up.  Might be a bad
coolent temp sensor, this is one of the inputs that drives the DPR current.

> Right now I have the O2 sensor disconnected, because it
>seemed to be making it run in full rich mode (20.1ma constant off of the
>Differential pressure regulator) and it idles almost perfectly when warmed
>up, but is a little rougher than it used to idle at startup. This is racking
>my brain, If anyone has any suggestions, info or what not please let me
>know. Thanks,
>
>Gary Huff

I think you should fix the sensors and set the mixture properly.  Then
set the idle and timing.  Adjusting the mixture usually means adjusting
one (or both) of the other two.

==Brett