Removing stock exhaust: how difficult?

Well, at long last I have decided to get the TT exhaust.  I'm going to
do the install, but I want to get a feel for how hard it might be.  When
the clamps are undone on the 16v pipes, do the pieces come apart easily
or do they tend to self weld themselves over the years?  If I have to
cut, what is the best way to make the cut to facilitate the new pipes?
Any other tricks or advice about getting the old system off and putting
the new one on would be great.  Thanks...

-Sean