FS: 16v in Ohio with Questionable Mileage

> > I ran the VIN# on Carfax... and the title comes back clean, except for
> > one detail: The Mileage was reported on 2/16/95 as 138,000 miles,  and
> > then again on 5/11/99 as 98,322... almost 40,000 less, 4 years later...
> > Maybe he just put a new speedo head in? Just wanted to point that out...
> Likely - he does have it advertised as having 200k miles.
> I wouldn't see this as a problem myself...  :)

Legally he can tell you whatever he wants to tell you concerning the mileage,
once a car is 10 years old the mileage is not required to be disclosed and is
not typically written on the title of the car. You usually see N/A in the
place of the mileage.

Hell, 200,000 miles is just broken in! As long as it's a VW don't worry about
it.....

-Marc

'74 VW Thing http://getty.net/thing/ http://vwthing.org/
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 178,000 miles
'84 VW Jetta GLi SLC For Sale in Philly with only 164,275 miles
'87 VW Scirocco Red 16 Valve with 166,200 Miles, just got it on 7/2/99